LIVING WITH PUMAS
Although your chances of ever encountering a puma are extremely low, you can follow these simple guidelines to minimize the chances even further.
For Residences in Puma Territory:
· Trim vegetation surrounding house
· Do not leave pets or pet food outside at night
· Do not feed deer or attract other wildlife
· Remove plants that attract deer, raccoons, etc.
· Fence livestock and keep contained
When Recreating in Puma Territory:
· Avoid hiking, biking or running alone
· Avoid recreating between dusk and dawn
· Keep children in front of you and close by
· Never approach a puma of any size, especially a kitten
· Never approach a wildlife carcass
· Make noise